More than a little awesome David Beckham action for you
Yes, it’s a shill for Pepsi, but frankly I am both surprised and not at all cynical that it is a fake and all this other BS. He is that good, period. He may have tried that shot 6 or 7 times (or more) before this actual shot, but he has done it!!
There was also an awesome Nike commercial with Tiger Woods hitting a ball in mid-air with a club, and they said he practiced for a long time before hitting it on target.
There are plenty of other great sports advertisements as well, but I won’t bore you.
May the force be with you
And this.. is just adorable.
It reminds me of my one nephew who is always greeting me in a costume of some sort (last time, he was a knight).
TARGET + FB = LOVE
I love Target. Period.
Check out what I picked up:
TARGET MAKEUP POUCH
I’ve been looking for one to hold my brushes, to not cost $25 for just a damn brush pouch, and to hold a few other things to use when I travel.
Enter this case:
I like that it has two ATTACHED pouches inside in mesh and in plastic. It’s perfect.
Then I focused on some Sonia Kashuk, namely brushes, concealer and eyeshadow.
SONIA KASHUK EYE ON FALL PALETTE
She had a Neutral one that everyone has been raving about, but the colours looked too dull and similar to each other (unflattering on my skin tone as well), and I already had the Urban Decay Naked palette, so I passed.
Surprisingly, these colours are very wearable to work and for the daytime. I am not a fan of very bright makeup, so this palette is great for $20!
The colours are quite pigmented, although it took 3 swipes to get these kinds of colours (no problem… I don’t mind swiping more or having to foil it by using water to make them look stronger)
SONIA KASHUK CONCEALER QUAD
I also picked up her concealer kit because everyone and their dog has been raving about it, and I’m a sucker for concealer.
I like it, but it is too light for my skintone in the end. I like the neutralizer and the powder a lot, but the other two concealers are too light, which means they’ll be better for the wintertime.
And now, I think have the perfect set of eyeshadows for someone like me, who enjoys wearing mostly neutrals, very slight/muted colours and wearing makeup mostly for fun and to work or in the daytime.
(No false eyelashes here… I am way too lazy for that!)
See? Perfect. Some of the colours overlap, but not many, and if they do overlap, some are less shimmery, etc.
I have a good and complete range here!
(Urban Decay Naked Palette on the bottom, Sephora Moonshadow In the Nude Baked Palette on the top left and the Sonia Kashuk Eye on Fall palette on the top right)
INCOME = $0
- Zip. Zero. Zilch.
- I will make up for this in 2012, I promise
- SAVINGS = My Middle Name
EXPENSES = $4517.77
- Took a little trip for a month to Texas to check out the weather in the wintertime, and I loved it!
- Bought my dad one of his only gifts ever.. 3 toolboxes. Practical but expensive
- Of course, I am not blameless.. I spent a little on makeup and clothes
NET WORTH = $155,217.05 which is -($1872.06) or a decrease of 1.2%
- Cash = $117.67
- Savings = $1616.10
- Retirement = $57,332.20
- Emergency Fund = $96,151.08
I maxed out my RRSPs for this year (I have extra cash that I might as well put to good use to help cushion my upcoming taxes of about $30,000 .. OUCH!).
I’ve also put some of my spare cash into investing now that I have a good idea of what I want to do in the future (move to the U.S.) but I can’t start contributing to anything there until I have some sort of visa status.
Thankfully, the index funds are doing well
I need to put in another $10,000 into TFSAs for next year too.
BEST POSTS OF DECEMBER 2011
- Are you upgrading your lifestyle or simply trying to buy quality items?
- Shopping your closet and making your pieces do double-duty
- Would you rather have more time or money?
- Why are women refusing to marry down?
- Are women burning out by the age of 30?
- Invest in your appearance
- Why would you save for retirement while clearing your debt?
- I think I need to get rid of more stuff. Everything fits now, but I want extra space/room so it isn’t so.. well, bulge-y!
- I am also going to stop buying presents for my family. Enough. They have a really nice TV, 3 toolboxes and they get free food & little gifts like 10 new bowls and loaf pans all the time.