I probably have quadruple what I am listing as my potential “Minimalist Wardrobe”, because I love variety too much.
And this is after cutting back my wardrobe by 50% in 2007/2008!!
So just imagine what I had in there before that I didn’t use, want or need.
Still if I had to only bring 30 pieces, this is what I’d imagine would be the barest of bare minimum for me.
The List of 30 items of my (hypothetical) Super Bare Minimum of Essentials Wardrobe
- 2 pairs of Trouser Jeans or work pants
- 2 pairs of jeans
- 1 Casual Blazer
- 3 Work Sweaters
- 1 Ultimate Soft Cushy Sweater
- 2 Camisoles/Tank Tops
- 3 Work Tops
- 2 T-shirts
- 2 sets of Sweatpants or Leggings — only to wear at home!
- 1 suit with a matching skirt and pant option
- 2 Skirts
- 2 Casual-ish Dresses
- 1 Formal Dress
- 1 Light Jacket
- 1 Winter Jacket
- 1 Leather Jacket
- 1 “Other” Item — Anything I choose!
Still, if I was an ultimate, hardcore minimalist, it might look something like this:
THE 15-ITEM SUPER LIGHT & MINIMALIST WARDROBE
- 2 pairs of pants
- 1 pair of jeans
- 1 sweater — can double as a light jacket
- 2 work tops
- 2 casual t-shirts (one needed for laundry day)
- 1 skirt
- 1 dress
- 1 formal dress
- 2 pairs of sweatpants or leggings (one needed for laundry day)
- 1 winter jacket
No suit, or leather jacket included.
I don’t wear suits to work… so I’m safe there, and even if I did, Maybe I could get away with it by switching into a dress, and using one of the pants, skirts and sweater options as a blazer.
No. This is definitely going too far! 🙂
This was originally posted on The Everyday Minimalist.