In pictures, these are the two major activities I’ve been doing as of late:
(Took this photo when I was in Toronto a while back)
(You knew I had to sneak a little kitten photo in there.)
Also, I can’t stop watching this and laughing. It’s called: Makeup by Omar, where a boyfriend attempts to put on makeup on a beauty blogger:
APRIL = TAXES!!!!!
- Didn’t work this month at my full-time job.
- No blog or freelance writing income included. Negligible anyway.
- …actually it’s been a pretty slow and lazy month overall 🙂 Like me!
- Not listing business expenses any more — not working the whole year
- I don’t love paying taxes but I don’t hate it either.
- Haven’t bought my tickets to travel to Asia yet.
- We are also going back to Europe for the summer.
NET WORTH = $187,798.02 or a -$16,053.87, a 7.87% decrease
Bye Bye $200k net worth. It was nice while it lasted for a month. 🙂
- Cash: $239.86
- Savings: $4961.85
- Emergency Fund: $124,269.17
- Retirement: $58,327.14
- None. And it is damn well gonna stay that way! 🙂
- Taxes are part of the difference/drop in net worth
- Investments were up slightly
- Earning about $160 in interest each month on savings
- Holding a lot of liquid cash because we’re leaving
- Networth IQ keeps deleting my account so *shrug* I’m done with them
There. Done with the numbers.
FAVOURITE POSTS FOR APRIL 2011
- My favourite beauty products
- Overspending? Watch out for these triggers
- How people let money slip through their fingers
- Generational poverty: What is your motivation to save?
- Why do people at higher incomes have increased anxiety?
- Do poor people have a complex when they climb the social ladder?
- Do salaries plateau at the age of 40?
MY PLANS FOR THE YEAR
…are starting to shape up.
After our intense trip to Asia, we’re going to “relax” (HAH!) in Europe for the rest of the summer.
Going back to Portugal and visiting Spain as well (mmm paella!).
Maybe we can also swing by some other countries.
Then I think in late 2011 we’ll travel around the U.S., with my top 2 states being New York and California to visit. 🙂
RANDOM LINK LOVE & STUFF
Great reads around the web this month….
Each of them are really worth a scan at least!
- The financial exploitation of models (Jenna Sauers, former model)
- Extreme couponing: It’s really just organized hoarding
- Obsessed about money
- Words from the Wealthy
- Termites eat millions of rupees at a bank in India
- McDonald’s had 1 million applicants, and could only hire 62,000
- Time to wake up: The days of abundant but cheap resources are over
- The Dark Side of Gift Giving
- How to overcome common sense
- On becoming a math whiz: Advice for new MIT students
- Kiki Kannibal: This is a must-read. It’s so scary and sad how kids can be bullied today
- Parents, don’t dress your girls like tramps
- The pyramids of Giza were originally white
- Google Docs app can now turn photos into documents like a scanner
- Computer opens grocery store without staff in New Zealand
- Grocery shopping in the wild: foraging for beginners
- Vegetarianism for omnivores
- Have fruit and veggies become less nutritious?
- Is sugar toxic?
- How to keep bread fresh
- How to care for your shoes
RANDOM PHOTO LOVE
Jasmine from Aladdin
Little Red Riding Hood
Is it odd that paper can make me this hungry?
This is really some amazing display of skill and attention to detail in Photoshop.
Kind of sick humour but this was too good NOT to share.
Not sure if I could eat it though. 🙂
One man, 100,000 toothpicks and 35 years later, you get this:
Any favourite photos or links from above? 🙂