I really loved J.K. Rowling’s Harvard Commencement Address.
She is so witty & down to earth , and she nailed it with “The Fringe Benefits of Failure“.
- Want to learn how shoes (high heeled ones especially) are made? (The Shoe Girl)
- School Districts are Banning Hugs (Psychology Today)
- Why we should resist bottled water. Like now. (Sarah Wilson)
- Bargain, Negotiate & Haggle like an Indian (Absolutely Fobulous) — Agreed with all the tactics
- 20 Weird Interview MBA Questions (Business Insider) — Some weird ones in here.
- Beware of the person of your dreams (Blogs) — Elin Woods, anyone?
- Does the colour red have magical powers? (Barking up the wrong tree)
Do you have an acrobatic mind?
If you do, you are in the 55% of people who are able to do so, and you able to read this paragraph because your brain sees the first & last letters in their correct position, and the letters in the middle can be in any order.
But it does give me a headache, reading that… :\
Note: I tested this on BF, a fluent English speaker & writer, and he had no idea what it was saying. So I did the experiment in French:
Sleon une édtue de l’Uvinertisé de Cmabrigde, l’odrre des ltteers dnas un mtos n’a pas d’ipmrotncae, la suele coshe ipmrotnate est que la pmeirère et la drenèire soit à la bnnoe pclae. Le rsete peut êrte dnas un dsérorde ttoal et vuos puoevz tujoruos lrie snas porlblème. C’est prace que le creaveu hmauin ne lit pas chuaqe ltetre elle-mmêe, mias le mot cmome un tuot.
And he understood it. But I did, too….if I concentrated really hard.
- Hand-made, detailed miniature Lord of the Rings Hobbit Hole (Mad Hobbit’s Hole) — AWESOME!
- Start seeing magnetic fields (Evil Mad Scientist)
- Lemon Lotion – A Natural Astringent (Make it from scratch)
- Rethink about how to hang your art (Apartment Therapy)
Why Fast Food Always Looks Better on TV